CAR RENTAL INSURANCE in CRETE ISLAND
Relax and enjoy your holiday and be safe with your family and/or friends with our full 100% car insurance. Our Car Insurance Policy is the Best!
INCLUDED IN PRICE (free without any charge):
A. C.D.W. (COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER) without excess
B. F.D.W. (FULL DAMAGE WAIVER) without excess
C. SPECIAL F.D.W.(TIRES, UNDERSIDE, SCRATCHES, etc.) without excess
D. P.A.I. (PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE) without excess
E. T.P.I. (THIRD PART INSURANCE) without excess
F. T.W.I. (THEFT WAIVER INSURANCE) without excess
G. F.I. (FIRE INSURANCE) without excess
H. Kilometers Unlimited
I. Local taxes and VAT 23%
J. Replace of the car in case of breakdown
K. 24 hour telephone service
L. 24 hour road assistance all over the island
M. Road map, travel information
A & B. FULL INSURANCE (C.D.W. & F.D.W.)
This insurance relieves you of financial responsibility if your car is damaged or completely destroyed in an accident:
· Full Insurance without excess: You are totally covered.
It is included in the car rental cost.
· Full Insurance with 400€ excess: The maximum amount charge is 400€.
It is optional. In case you have insurance coverage (from your credit card, etc), you can downgrade the coverage to insurance with excess 400€ and have 5% discount in the car rental cost.
C. SPECIAL FULL INSURANCE
Covers all damages to the car that do not take place in an accident. Specifically, damages to tires* and wheels, underside of the car. Additionally, it covers damages to the interior valet, as well as small parts stolen from the car (i.e. mirrors, antennas, etc) and damages after a break-in attempt.
*The insurance covers damages from nails, etc. if you have a flat tire and you continue driving, you will have a destroyed tire which needs replacement. The new tire must be paid by the careless driver.
D. PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE
The Personal Accident covers the driver and the passengers for doctor and medicine expenses. The coverage amounts are 17.608€ for death, permanent total disability and permanent partial disability. 293€ for medical expenses and 6€ per day hospital stipend while in hospital.
In case of an accident the notification must be made in eight (8) working days from the date of the accident otherwise the Personal Accident Cover becomes invalid according to the insurance policy terms. For further details please contact the office.
E. THIRD PART INSURANCE
For any damage you make to other persons, animals or property. It covers damages to property up to 200.000€ and to people up to 500.000€ (excluding passengers of rental vehicle).
F. THEFT WAIVER INSURANCE
Theft Insurance covers the stolen car; not your stolen personal belongings.
G. FIRE INSURANCE
Partial or total damage to the vehicle resulting from fire.
H. KILOMETRES UNLIMITED
You can travel all around Crete without extra cost. Please notice that vehicles cannot be taken outside of the island of Crete.
I. LOCAL TAXES AND VAT 23%
All taxes (airport, local, national) are included in the price.
J. REPLACEMENT IN CASE OF BREAKDOWN
Your damaged vehicle will be replaced with a new one, so that you continue your vacation. In circumstances where we cannot replace the damaged vehicle, you are free to claim the cost of the remaining rental days. Replacement or refund will not take place if driving with negligence.
K. 24/7 TELEPHONE SERVICE
There is always someone to help you in any case (problem, accident, etc). There is an emergency phone number on your contract which you can dial 24 hours every day.
24h Telephone Accident Assistance: someone will assist you with the accident procedures until the police and the insurance arrive.
L. 24/7 ROAD ASSISTANCE
All cars are insured for road assistance all over the island of Crete.
Additional Information on Insurance Coverage:
· Insurance will be void if an accident occurs where drugs or alcohol are involved. No insurance company covers the damages of an accident if the driver was driving against the Law or did not call us immediately from the accident place.
· Parking tickets and traffic fines are paid by the renter, as well as the indirect costs resulting from the car being blocked. (e.g. number-plates taken by the police, car taken by the police or car blocked by wheel clamps, etc). No insurance covers broken or lost car keys. Similarly, the insurance does not cover the broken top in cabriole cars and the soft top jeeps (example: you close the roof when the boot is full with luggage).
There is no cancelation fee, if you inform us at least 15 days before the scheduled arrival date. If you have prepaid, we will refund you the whole amount of money.
However, if you inform us 14 days before the scheduled arrival date, the prepaid amount of money will be refunded but a cancelation fee will be charged. The cancelation fee applies also on the non prepaid reservations. The cost of the cancelation fee depends on the season (e.g. low season) and the group of car.
Cancellation Protection (10€): In case you cannot come to join your holidays because of any reason, there is the possibility to avoid the cancellation fee with the cancellation insurance.
No deposit is needed to make a reservation. These are the accepted methods of payment:
· Pay on arrival: you can pay on the day of car delivery by cash
· Pay now (save extra 5%): you can choose to pay when you make the online booking request with credit card (Visa or Master) and get extra 5% discount.
· Pay later: you can pay before the delivery day by bank (we send you our bank details and you make the deposit).
Minimum driving experience is 3 years. For rental of vehicle from group 0 until D clients must be at least 23 years old. For rental for the rest of the groups, clients must be at least 28 years old.
· Some petrol: The car is delivered to you with some petrol. On collection the car has to be returned with the same amount of petrol. Should the car return with less fuel the difference must be paid on the spot. With more fuel no money is refunded.
· Full petrol: Or, the car is delivered to you full of petrol. On collection the car may be returned empty of petrol. The cost of this facility is paid at the beginning of the rental and it is calculated locally (depending on the current price of petrol and the capacity of the vehicle).
Car Delivery Information
Please inform us if something changes on your arrival, so our representative will be on time*. Generally, our representative is waiting for you, holding a sign with our logo on (“The Best” in red letters):
· AIRPORTS: outside the Arrivals exit door -outside the airport.
· PORTS: in front of the Passengers’ Station.
· HOTELS: at the reception of your hotel.
*Please note that if time of rental falls during closed-office hours 21:30-08:00, an additional fee of 10€ will be charged.
For vehicle drop-offs, a maximum tolerance of 30 minutes is allowed, after which, an extra day’s rental will be charged.
In case of keys' loss the client will be charged of 150€. In case of documents' loss the client will be charged of 60€.
Maintenance expenses will not be reimbursed without prior authorization from our staff and without presentation of a receipt made out to Π.ΚΟΚΑΛΗΣ ΑΕ.
Any complaints must be received by our main office within 60 days of the closure of the rental agreement.
Specific make/model of vehicle requesting
THE BEST S.A. will make every effort to supply the reserved model of vehicle. However, it is impossible for us to guarantee that a specific model will be provided. If the make/model of vehicle that you booked is not available then the Company will supply a suitable alternative from the same or bigger vehicle group classification.
Documentation needed on time of rental
THE BEST S.A. cannot be held responsible for rentals rejected if you do not present the following documents at collection of car. On collection of your vehicle you need:
1. rental voucher (received by email when your reservation was confirmed)
2. full valid national driver's license
3. passport or ID
When is a booking confirmed?
The site does not check the availability of the cars. You make the request online and we inform you about the availability. A reservation is only confirmed once you receive the confirmation ticket from THE BEST S.A.. This voucher must be produced on collection of your vehicle. In case of no availability and online payment, we refund the amount in your credit card account.
Do I need to buy your insurance if I have my credit card’s coverage?
CDW (Collision Damage Waiver Insurance) is included by default in all rates. However, if you wish to decline this insurance, please note THE BEST S.A. will not deal with foreign policies or credit card companies in the event of damages to the hired vehicle. Renters will have to pay for damages on return of vehicle and THE BEST S.A. will issue them copies of all paperwork so they may make the claim themselves.
Extras provided: Additional Drivers
All rates quoted include one driver only. All extra drivers are subject to the same age and license requirements as the hirer of the vehicle. Generally there is no maximum number of drivers per vehicle. The charge for an additional driver is found at the third step of the online booking form.
Extras provided: Children Seats
We can provide the suitable seat for every child:
· baby seat (0-9kg)
· child seat (9-18kg)
· booster (more than 18kg)
The charge for the seats is found at the third step of the online booking form.
Extras provided: Navigation System
We can provide a GPS for every rental. The charge for the GPS is found at the third step of the online booking form.
Extras provided: Delivery at a different place
All rates include delivery/collection costs in Heraklion (airport/port/hotel). Every collection or delivery which does not take place in Heraklion has an additional cost. This depends on the distance and the size of the car. (Example: 0.50€/km Contact the office for more cost per location).
Vehicles can't be taken outside of mainland Greece and the island of Crete.
The renter will be required to inform the rental agent immediately of any accident; otherwise the insurance is not valid!
The renter must take the following measures:
· Obtain as much as possible details of the persons involved in the accident as well as of any possible witnesses.
· Immediately provide the rental agent with all the details regarding the accident, which may be of use.
· Immediately notify the authorities if the third party should be investigated or in the event of injured persons.
· Do not leave the vehicle without taking correct measures to protect and safeguard it.
Rates are subject to change without notice. Contact the THE BEST S.A. for the most updated version.